Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31DC: Tribal

Today was a tough one.  Not as hard to do as yesterday, but not anything that I am drawn to.  While I could think of a lot of delicate patterns and designs, nothing "tribal" came to mind.  Then I remembered my bracelet that I got in college!  There were no utrieds today because the pattern was actually black and orange--go figure!


*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener base
*2 coats Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out
*Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed
*1 coat Seche Vite


When I was a sophomore in college, the Watoto children's choir came and performed.  The children were so beautiful and joyful, despite all that they had seen and endured.  There was such resilient life in them that you couldn't help fall in love!  I bought this bracelet at a little table outside of the performance because I thought it was super cute and, more than that, those children changed my heart in a big way.

 
This had potential.  It wasn't until after I finished that I noticed how crooked my index finger stripes were.  I also couldn't really figure out how to position my thumb the right way to keep the pattern going.  I decided to do the pattern with a dotting tool instead of a brush to imitate the beaded element of the bracelet. 
Sun Kissed is not particularly opaque, though two coats is usually just fine.  I went back over the dots in my "stripes" and they did fine with a second coat.  My heart was a different story.  I was a little less precise on the second coat because I didn't want the polish to dry and string, and my dots got a little out of control.  This is one time when I really should have stopped when I was ahead.  Oh well!
 
 


What do you think about tribal prints?  Are there any that you love or have turned into nail art? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment