Thursday, October 11, 2012

31DC: Polka Dots

I decided to add some Halloween to my dot manicure. I only have one dotting tool, which is pretty small (and stolen from my mom's art supplies...) so I didn't have a ton to work with. But, I had seen some inspiration for this on Pinterest (do you sense a trend? I waste a lot of time there...) and wanted to try it.  Today only has one untried.
 

*1 coat Yello-Out base
*2 coats Fantasy Makers Rest In pieces
*Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black out
*Sinful Colors Snow Me White
*1 coat Seche Vite

The pin that I saw was a cream black background with just one little set of eyes looking out at you.  I thought that is was so cute, but figured that I needed more dots for "polka dot" day, so I added a set of eyes to each nail. 

 
Rest In Pieces is a blackened base with micro purple glitter in it.  It only took a couple of coats for full coverage.  I don't know why, because I've used it for so long, but I'm always pleasantly surprised with my Wet n Wild polishes.  
 

In these two you can really see how the glitter shows through the base.  I thought that the sparkle would be much less prominent, and actually wanted it to be more subtle for this particular look, but it's hard to complain about too much glitter showing up too well...


Pretty simple, I know, but still kinda fun.  I need to invest (very little, I know) in some more dotting tools so I have more sizes to work with.  I had to improvise a bit with the end of a pain brush, which made for some interesting eye shapes, but it could have been worse.  Overall, though the perfectionist in my cringes a bit, I liked this one.  It's a cute, not really scary Halloween look that didn't take too much to pull off.

No comments:

Post a Comment