Thursday, October 4, 2012

31DC: Green

Today's was a struggle.  I was not excited or inspired to do a green mani.  I have very few greens in my collection and was HIGHLY tempted to just do a couple of coats of Holiday Splendor (you MUST pick this one up if you get the chance!) and call it a day.  I considered trying a little Frankenstein art, but that was not going to end well.  So, I dug into more untrieds and attempted be a little creative.  I wish I was in love with this, but not so much...so it goes!


I had just ordered a couple of Klean Color polishes off of Ebay because they were really cheap and I had seen some cool ones in blogs.  I have been looking for a good copper glitter, so I was excited to see this.  I had some sort of vision that this would be kind of like a pumpkin patch, dark green with the orange glitter set against it.  Well, the best laid plans of mice and men, right?


*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener
*3 coats Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City
*2 coats Klean Color Chunky Copper
*1 coat Out the Door


This Emerald City was a Dollar Tree find for me!  It came in a two pack with a dark blue, which were colors I really didn't have.  It is pretty sheer, but builds quickly.  I used 3 coats to cover completely and match the bottle.  There is a really pretty green shimmer to this polish that you can really see in the previous picture.
 



 

The glitter was a little less friendly.  It has 3 different sizes of glitter mixed in, large, medium and small hex copper glitter.  I used two coats and had to dab/direct the glitter a bit to get even coverage.  This was so cheap and really is pretty, so I can get past the bit of pain applying it.  I did something funny that I did not expect: the large glitter sticks together.  I would have a bunch on the brush, but they would clump together instead of dragging across the nail.  It'll just take a little work figuring out how to use this best, but it really is pretty.


So, sorta-pumpkin-patchy, right?  Yeah, well, I tried.  At the very least, these are great fall colors and I am dying for cool weather to kick in and my sweaters to come out of hiding!  That's the best part of this challenge--there is always another chance to do something cool and a sorta-flop mani will only last a few hours!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment