Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31DC: Orange

We're on a roll: here's day two!  There are 3 untrieds today!


I know that there are a million Halloween ideas for orange polish.  I decided to try two new colors that are much closer than I realized when I bought them...this may be an embarrassing and costly trend.  When I painted a quick swatch on a piece of white paper, there are some distinct differences in color, but on the nail, well, you'll see!  I thought about an orange base for these because the are really sheer when you paint your first coat, but I did not really need one in the end. 


*1 coat Yellow-Out base
*3 coats Spoiled Vitamin C on all but thumb
*3 coats Wet n Wild 9.0.2.1.Orange on thumb
*1 coat Black Cat Lacquer Static age on ring finger
*1 coat Seche Vite


Both oranges built up really well.  I guess that you still might be able to see a slight nail line with 3 sheer coats, but 3 is not bad at all--even I can live with it!  These oranges are so gorgeous, packed with golden shimmer that is blinding in the sun!  I considered putting Static Age on each nail, but because I just have a mini and this was going to be short-lived, I conserved my precious resource! 
Static Age is a really cool glitter: black, white and silver holo in a clear base.  There are a couple of sizes of hex glitter for the black and white, bars, and square holos.  I couldn't get the holos to come out and play, but this is just one coat that I only had to coax a little onto the nail--not a ton of dabbing, but a bit.


You can see a tiny bit of the difference between the two in this photo, if you are looking for it.  9.0.2.1.Orange (thumb) is a bit pinker than Vitamin C, which is a very yellow orange.  As you layer, the differences are very hard to see and if you have one, you don't really need the other, though they're both less than two dollars and gorgeous!


I'm a little disappointed in myself for not using these sooner!  They are so pretty and the shimmer is amazing.  They will definitely be making a comeback this month!  Static age is also so cool that I am kicking myself for not grabbing a full-sized bottle instead. 
Have you tried these before?  Do you love them as much as I do?  They're like fire in a bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment