Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Go Pink Wednesday!

I've been getting a little cocky in the nail art department this week, what with all of the challenge work and all.  So, I figured I'd go out on a limb with my support this week.


*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener base
*2 coats Zoya Kimber
*2 coats Milani One Coat Glitter Pink Flare on accent
*1 coat Out the Door topcoat


I love the Zoya Surf collection, so I used that shimmery beauty Kimber as my dominant color.  I realized that I don't have a lot of darker pinks, but this one caught my eye.  This is such a pretty color in the sun, packed with pink shimmer (Zoya calls it a "foil" finish).


 
 
I think this might be the first time I used this Milani glitter.  It is so pretty, packed with micro light pink glitter and larger silver holo hexes.  I used 2 coats on my ring finger, and it's almost opaque.  A third coat, or base, would take care of my nail line.  I used Kimber and a thin paint brush to draw a ribbon over the top of Pink Flare.  It covered pretty well.  I think my ribbon's not too bad (it's just a good thing you can't see my right hand!).
 
 
 
Tonight I went to a book reading for a blogger that I really love (you have to check out Enjoying the Small Things!  It's not a polish blog.  It's a mommy blog.  It's a photo blog.  It's a special-needs blog.  It's a rad blog from a woman with amazing outlooks and outfits.  It's a life blog).  At the reading, she spoke a bit about blogging.  She talked about how different our world is, connected through the Internet and blogs.  People ask her (and I ask myself) if it's weird or creepy that all these strangers know about her life.  She looked at the crowd and said "This is why it isn't weird."  She talked about how this is a new way to connect, finding things we share around the world and connecting.
 

That's what Go Pink Wednesdays are all about.  It's about connecting.  This manicure, this ribbon, this blog post, they are all about about letting people know that they are not alone.  We can support each other in small ways, like a little pink polish.  This is what life is really all about--finding ways to connect.  This is why I'm wearing pink.




No comments:

Post a Comment