*1 coat Yello-Out
*2 coats Cult Nails Annalicious
*Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out
*1 coat Out The Door
This is the first time I've done ladybug nails since high school--maybe junior high! I had my tape ready to put their little heads as a black tip, like a French, but then decided I'd use hole reinforcements and do a half-moon-ish look. Not good. I wish I had gone with a French type tip instead because these don't really have the "head" look I wanted.
I really just couldn't get over the idea of using Annalicious, which is a gorgeous, shimmery, bright red, so I had to do ladybugs! It was so hard to paint over that beautiful base!
I used my trusty Black Out to paint on all the details, which is striking as a cream against the shimmer. I used a new art brush from a Bundle Monster kit my mom got me for Christmas. It was a little rough with the striper brush at first, which is why you aren't really seeing my ring finger in this one...so it goes. While it is messier than I had hoped, using my new brush makes me excited to play around with the others in the kit.
So, I'm not wild (no pun intended) about how these little buggies came out, but you can certainly bet that you'll be seeing some Annalicious and Black Out returning next month for a Valentine's Day look!