Thursday, January 3, 2013

New 31 DC: Gold

I love glitter.

Like, a lot. 

On my nails, on cards, on art projects, anywhere.  For today's challenge I did something that I don't typically do--full coverage glitter.  I love to layer it over just about every single mani, but I don't really do multiple coats because they are a beast to remove, especially when the glitter is chunky.  I'm going to need to figure out PVA glue base coats, though, because full coverage glitter is A-mazing!  I used this pin as my inspiration (it leads to nowhere--if you know the original source, please let me know!)


*1 coat Hard As Nails Hardener
*1 coat Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Golden-I
*2 coats Maybelline Color Show Gold's Night Out
*2 coats Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubble Gum Pink
*1 coat Hoof Lacquer
*1 coat Seche Vite
 
I used 1 thin coat of Golden-I as a base to make sure that any space between glitter wouldn't be too obvious.  I picked up Gold's Night Out at Walmart a while ago when there was a full display of Color Show.  I still have more of these pretties to try out.  The clear base is PACKED with micro gold glitter, small hex gold glitter and large hex gold holo glitter.  It could probably use some thinner for smoother application, but because of all of the glitter it will never be super smooth.  The great thing about this is that there is SO much glitter!  There is no fishing or pushing to get holo pieces.  I used 2 coats for the full effect, but 1 coat is still pretty opaque. 


I always think of glitter for an accent, but like the idea of a cream as an accent.  I even tried a new finger!  I used Bubblegum Pink instead of a coral, like the pin, and added a stripe of Golden-I.  My Seche Vite and Out The Door are both getting low and SUPER thick and messy.  My index finger was a bit of a victim...but I got a new bottle of OTD, so no more fighting with top coats!  I love how this one looks!  How do you feel about full coverage glitter?  Have you tried any of the Sequins collection? 


No comments:

Post a Comment