Sunday, January 6, 2013

New 31DC: Favorite Color Family

Full disclosure: today's challenge was hard and kinda crappy for me. Sorry! I have a lot of polish. I have a lot of looks and colors that I like/love. Pink is my favorite color, but I could not think of a good way to showcase pink polishes. Skittle? Funky French? Dots? Stripes? Ombre? NO IDEA!

I considered doing more of a hue mani, like all brights, but even that was hard. I really do shift from loving black and dark shades to pastels to brights. I love pink, but also love a good gray, beige, red, purple, teal... I love glitter, shimmer, holo, duochrome... AHHH! What to do?

So, this is pretty anti-climactic, but I had to get something up for this challenge! Here's Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Lady Luck:

*1 coat Yello-Out
*3 coats Sally Hansen Gem Crush Lady Luck
*1 coat Out The Door


 
I chose Lady Luck for a few reasons.  First of all, I've had it for a long time and not yet worn it, so it was about time.  Secondly, it's magenta, so that covers my pink love.  It is a glitter, so yet another plus.  Finally, it has scattered holo pieces, so score!  I'm not crazy about this for today's challenge, but I do really like the polish. 


The macro photos are more harsh than real life--the 3 coats are really good coverage with this glitter.  One coat will be sparse enough for layering and letting a base show through, so this will be one that I'll come back to (I have others in this line that I need to play with too). 
How do you choose a favorite?  How do you do it justice?  Are you able to narrow your collection choices to just one? 



No comments:

Post a Comment