Monday, July 16, 2012

Pinterest inspiration

As soon as I spotted this on Pinterest, I knew that I wanted it on my fingers!  I followed the link to All That Is Gorgeous and quickly decided that Jenn is a polisher after my own heart.  (No, seriously, go check out her awesome work!)  So, I looked through my stash to see if there was something that I could recreate the look with.  No go.  So, since the polishes are cheap and easy enough to track down, I nabbed both and decided to give it a try.

(I have such a hard time figuing out flash or no flash...neither was good)
 

*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard As Nails base
*3 coats Sinful Colors Unicorn
*1 coat Sally Girl gold glitter
*2 coats Seche Vite

I was determined to love this yellow.  I have others that are shimmery, golden polishes, but nothing that is this soft, baby chick yellow.  I read reviews that bemoaned its streaks, but I was determined...
I wanted so badly to love it.  One coat was thin.  Two coats streaked.  I went for a slightly thicker third.  It was full coverage, which is great, but it streaked, no matter how hard I tried.  It is due more to the creamy polish than the color, I think, but I was so frustrated.  So how do you fix that?  Slap the glitter on and some thick top coat and hope for the best!
The glitter did help even out the look a lot.  I was sorta satisfied with the look, though my photos do not do it justice like hers do.  It was a nice look, the light yellow and bright gold.  I actually got a number of compliments about this one, too, despite my streaks (that no one but me seemed to notice).  I even had one lady ask where she could find the stickers I used.  When I told her it was polish she was amazed and said the glitter was too uniform!  Well, if that doesn't make your day...
So, I think that this is one I would do again.  The yellow will be great for dotting because it is so creamy when most are sheer.  If I can put my perfectionist aside, the color is gorgeous and a little glitter can hide most any of the imperfections!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment