Saturday, September 15, 2012

I love my little Marine!

On Monday my little cousin will leave on his first deployment.  It is bittersweet.  We are SO proud of him and all that he has accomplished in the Marines.  He is pretty darn amazing!  On the other hand, he's leaving for eight months of unknown and it's scary to think of him out there, somewhere.  He's so much more mature and brave than I think, yet he's still so young and small.  I'm excited and scared for him, all at the same time.  I think he's feeling the same way.

Last night we went out to dinner to fill him up before we send him off.  It was nice to be with family and spend time with him before he leaves.  I had peeled a couple of nails clean (I know, I know, it's HORRIBLE for my nails!) and needed a new mani.  Then my BOGO Zoyas called to me!
I did an "as-close-to-camo-as-I-can-manage" mani in his honor.  I used 3 coats of China Glaze Fast Track and then did a funky french with Zoya Yara on the tips.
I love both of these polishes!  I tend toward bright, glittery and pink, so Yara was not really in my comfort zone.  But, when I saw the sparkly shimmer in the sun, I knew that it was a good stretch for me.  In hindsight, I wish that I had done two coats of it on the tips to make it stand out more.  It is a gorgeous olive green packed with gold shimmer.  It is also the perfect "camo" green.  I layered it over Fast Track because it had the right sandy look to it.
I hadn't tried Fast Track yet and was excited to use it.  I went with 3 coats because it is pretty thin.  If I wore it alone, I would have either done 4 coats to eliminate the visible nail line or layered it over a beige nude cream.  I was not prepared for how amazing this polish is!  I don't really know about what does or does not look good with my skin tone, and I really don't care all that much.  This one looked better than I expected and it dazzles in the sun!  The micro shimmer is amazing!  I did a thick coat of Hoof Lacquer over my Out the Door and the glassy finish is just amazing over these two. 

Still no camera, so still no mediocre pictures, but I have to say that these two are pretty awesome if you are going for a camouflage look!

No comments:

Post a Comment