Saturday, September 7, 2013

Black and white and pink all over

As my first day of class gets closer (2 more days!) I'm seeing that my free time is getting more scarce.  I'm getting back into blogging and polishing and really enjoying it again, so I'm going to try to find a way to keep it up.  What have you, busy nail lady, found that works?  Scheduling posts?  Any good juggling tips?
* * * 
This look right here is why I know I HAVE to keep enjoying my polish time.  I mixed a couple of polishes on a whim a couple of weeks ago and never wanted to take it off!  I was looking for a quick color change and, of course, that also includes glitter. 


*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener
*2 (maybe 3...I don't remember) coats China Glaze Pink Plumeria
*1 coat Maybelline Polka Dots
*1 coat Out the Door

LOVE IT!  Pink Plumeria is a pretty neon-ish light pink.  It has a stunning shimmer to it that translates really well from the bottle to the nail--an excellent summer polish! 


There are a million black and white matte glitter polishes out there with tons of different price tags.  I've wanted a good one for a while (and a good black glitter on its own, but that's a different story) and love some of the indies out there, but don't have the money for them.  I'm not big on bar glitters, so that rules out a decent number.  Then, for three dollars, this showed up at Target!  The glitter is dense but easy to maneuver, just one dip across each nail.  I love the contrast between the glitter and polish on this one!  What's been your favorite way to use black and white glitters?

No comments:

Post a Comment