Saturday, September 28, 2013

33 DC: tape

So I'm a little late on this one, but I felt better when I saw that none other than Ms. Debbie Crumpet was late too :)
I had this mani done last night but was just too wiped out to photograph, upload and post.  Learning takes a lot more energy than I remembered!
Tape is quickly becoming as comfortable for me as dots.  I received my first roll of striping tape in a giveaway and it has lasted forever!  I think I'm going to order some more, though, because I love using it and want to try using it on its own as well, instead of just for clean lines.  I used to always use Scotch tape for lines, and it works okay, but striping tape never lets any polish seep under and is just so crisp!  Using it for this look has become a bit of a favorite of mine:


*1 coat Yello-Out
*2 coats Zoya Aurora
*Zoya Storm
*1 coat Out the Door


Really, these can just speak for themselves!  Gratuitous  holo shots are always welcome, right?  I used Aurora as my base and taped off the tips and then left a little gap before taping off the bottom of the area I polished, and then used Storm as the tip.  LOVE it!


I don't want to get too cocky here, but I'm feeling pretty comfortable with striping tape at this point.  Do you have any cool tips or techniques for me to try?  Do tell!





4 comments:

  1. OMGosh, those polishes are stunning! love the design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they amazing?! Zoya really did some good work with the Ornate collection last Christmas! I never get tired of those dense holo sparkles :) Thank you so much for the compliment, Loz. By the way, your cards are ADORABLE! My aunt makes cards like that and I am in total awe of the creativity behind them!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I do this design too, but my ring finger with invers colors. :D
    I like this glitter polishes. *.*
    My tape mani: http://vaniliamamor.blogspot.com/2013/11/33dc2013-day-3-tape.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing--I like the colors you used! I'll have to try doing an inverse for an accent next time. I love this look--it's so easy and looks so cool when you're all done! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

      Delete