Sunday, December 23, 2012

"There had to be another way"

Let me be the first to wish you a very happy Festivus!  Yes, nestled between Hanukkah and Christmas is a holiday for the rest of us.  Thank you, Frank Costanza. 
(Sidenote:  I LOVE Seinfeld.  Like, quote it, made an unofficial fan club in high school with my friends, own all 9 seasons and watched them with commentary, passed an appreciation bill about it in mock Congress in high school LOVE it!)
I had to make time for a very special Festivus manicure.  But, to honor its creator, it also needed to be very simple--"I find tinsel distracting."


*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener
*3 coats China Glaze The Ten Man
*1 coat China Glaze Fairy Dust
*1 coat Seche Vite


I used The Ten Man to represent the traditional Festivus pole.  "It requires no decoration...It's made from aluminum.  High strength to weight ratio."  I have become a bit obsessed with this polish lately.  It is really sheer, so 3 or 4 thin coats are really needed to wear it alone.  It is a cool silver base with fine silver glitter particles in it.  It builds easily and is so shimmery and beautiful!  I added Fairy Dust for just a little extra something, a fine scattered silver holo.  This look screams "Winter!  Holiday!  Class!  Celebrate!"  Can you hear it?


So, may your family be kind with their grievances and may you prevail through the feats of strength.  Gather 'round the pole and remember that no doll is worth what happens out there.  Here's to many Festivus miracles for you and yours!



No comments:

Post a Comment