Thursday, August 8, 2013

Plan B

I had a big, creative mani in mind.  I was doing French tips, dots, rhinestones...and it was something I thought up, not carefully copied.  I was excited.  And then, at 11:30 pm (even with my whole day free, I tend to wait until the evening to paint, just before bed.  I need to work on that.) I got impatient.  My dots weren't straight and I was at a sad point of no return.  So, I swiped the acetone and was ready to just wear a clear base today and regroup.  Then I decided to do a quick swipe of a holo...


*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener
*1 coat Color Club Halo-graphic(?)
*1 coat Out the Door

I am not 100% sure that I have the right polish name.  My order was a wreck when I got it--a broken bottle, a leaking bottle, and missing labels.  It was a bummer, to say the least, and a group-buy site I'll never recommend or use again.  But enough of the sad stuff, onto the happy!


One coat!  One quick, fast-drying, sparkling, holo-y gorgeous coat!  Plan B wasn't too shabby...
 

As I looked that this linear holo goodness today, I realized two things. 
First, I think that I actually like scattered holos more than linear.  Do NOT get me wrong, I will not say "no" to a holographic polish, but I think I like the little sparkles just a little bit more.  Like how I like Phish Food just a little bit more than Half-Baked. 
Secondly, it was weird to just wear one coat of a polish and call it good.  I had a base and topcoat, and I know that's not what a "casual" polisher might do, but I felt sort of unfinished and realized that this is how many people paint their nails and they are perfectly pleased.  No extra mile for art or accents, just pretty polish.  It felt so out of character, but refreshingly simple.
What are your thoughts on holo polish?  Prefer one over the other?  Do you dig a simple nail polish from time to time?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I like scattered holos more too! I thought I was the only one lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone! The Halo Hues are amazing, but I'm a little more inclined to reach for my Zoya Ornates from last winter. There's just something about those scattered twinkles...

      Delete