Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A disappearing act

Sorry!  I sort of fell off the face of the Internet last week.  Between some serious family stuff, extra papers to grade and picking up as much work as possible (including some quality babysitting time) I've been a bit short on sleep.  Nails trump sleep, but sleep trumps blog.  So, here come some quick catch-up posts!
First, this is what I wore the day before Valentine's day.  I LOVED this one and it wore well, but I felt like I needed to switch it out.  I was bummed to see it go, though!


*1 coat Yello-Out
*2 coats OPI DS Reflection
*3 coats Zoya Gaia
*Savina Hearts
*2 coats Out the Door


I used Gaia for my accent nail.  This was 3 coats and still a bit streaky and transparent, so I will use it over a more opaque white (or color) next time.  This white is so pretty!  It has a gorgeous pink-gold shimmer to it that softens the white to get away from "white out" nails.  I picked up this Savina polish at Nordstrom rack last week.  Like chunky glitters, it's a nightmare to just use the brush for a coat.  It's adorable, though, so that's okay!  I used a dotting tool to fish out hearts and placed them along the tip of my nail.


I was dying to use DS Reflection and figured that this was the perfect chance! It applies in 2 dream coats--I probably could have just used 1 and been just fine. This is such an awesome polish. It was a bit different from the other ones I've worn. It is a gorgeous pink (a warm strawberry-ish color?) with scattered holo particles, but there is something else to it.  It has a golden non-holo shimmer to it too.  When I looked at it in the sun, it didn't really look like a polish with scattered holo particles sparkling.  It has an almost 3-D look to it, like a magic eye poster.  Bottom line: awesome!

So, this is just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment